Country Manager / General Manager
Based in London, and reporting to the CEO in NY, you will be accountable for Jitjatjo UK’s marketing, sales, client success, operations, human resources, and P&L management. As Country Manager, you are responsible for strategy localization, implementation, demand generation, reporting, and collaborative efforts to improve upon our products.
To succeed in this role, you must be a strategic thinker that is grounded in objective data analysis and thrives in fast-paced environments. You will manage, motivate, and inspire a team of Change Agents passionate about people, technology, and the hospitality industry.
Drive aggressive growth and financial performance across multiple lines of business and markets throughout the United Kingdom.
Lead, develop and inspire the team
- Recruit, coach, mentor, and nurture a team of exceptional Change Agents—creating a bench to ensure the company’s ability to hit targets.
- Personally develop strategic client relationships and coach the team on prospecting, sales, growth, and retention strategies.
- Be bold and entrepreneurial—the speed of our growth means we need you to develop and lead a high-performance team of passionate Change Agents.
Drive aggressive growth and revenue performance across multiple lines of business and multiple geographic markets throughout the UK
- Establish goals, metrics, and processes consistent with achieving/exceeding acquisition, growth, and retention targets.
- Bring battle-tested sales and marketing methodologies to the company that supports our strategic objectives and product-driven culture.
- Identify solutions for strategic clients that increase demand through objective analysis (including; mapping client success journeys, implementing engagement campaigns, and leveraging data analytics to produce actionable insights).
Ensure efficient, effective, and operations while maintaining compliance
- Ensure optimal client and talent satisfaction by combining people-orientated community operations with a technology-driven service delivery solution.
- Establish goals, metrics, and processes consistent with achieving/exceeding fulfillment, service delivery, engagement, and retention targets.
- Avoid litigation and other potential losses by maintaining compliance with federal, state, and local regulations
Be the voice – of the UK marketplace and enterprise clients
- Ensure frictionless communication between marketing, sales, community operations, human resources, and product.
- Provide market feedback to product development regarding opportunities to accelerate growth through features, functionality, and enhancements.
- Identify market opportunities to leverage Jitjatjo’s capabilities in new categories, verticals, and territories.
Work closely with HQ Leadership on strategies to radically grow the business
- Develop long-range plans and budgets, compensation plans, and incentive programs that drive/accelerate marketplace performance and meet targets set by Executive Leadership.
- Define problems, investigate business issues, identify solutions, and manage the implementation of agreed actions.
- Monitor day-to-day sales and operations performance, and produce monthly executive reports.
Essential Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- 10-15 years of experience with a proven ability to manage high-performing teams, previous consulting and/or tech startup experience highly preferred.
- Management experience in Operations, Consulting, Strategy, Technology, Business Development, or a similar area within a rapidly changing environment. P&L ownership is essential.
- In-depth knowledge of working in the UK with specific domain experience in marketplaces, technology, hospitality, and/or recruitment.
- Proven expertise in building teams, exceeding targets and managing a successful operation.
- Experience analysing complex data sets, deriving insights, and checking against what you see in the real world.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management or a related field - MBA highly preferred
- You have a deep passion for startups, entrepreneurship, and human betterment
- You are a self-starter and critical thinker with a passion for problem-solving
- You are a data-driven decision-maker with an empathic work style and a strong bias for action
- You communicate clearly, with passion and excitement, while listening to understand
- You like working in a fast-paced, innovative environment where almost anything is possible
- Ideally, you have business experience in Marketplaces, Temp Staffing/Recruitment, and Technology/Software
- Ideally, you have domain experience in Hospitality, Healthcare, and/or Facilities Management
What you’ll love about working at Jitjatjo
- We are passionate about helping people reach their potential, personally and professionally
- We embrace technology and use it to transform the way we achieve our objectives
- We are obsessed with identifying and solving problems in pursuit of continuous improvement
- We are encouraged to leverage our creativity and empowered to make decisions
- We have fun, work hard, and celebrate our successes