Jitjatjo is a high-growth tech start-up headquartered in New York City, established in 2015.
We develop, market, and operate the contingent labor platform and staffing marketplace that leverages A.I. and Empathic Intelligence to instantly and accurately match businesses with vetted industry professionals. We provide clients with staffing on demand and offer quality, vetted talent through our trusted platform, with unparalleled visibility, efficiency, and performance.
Connecting talent and clients to shifts is what we do, it’s not who we are. We exist because we want to help people reach their potential. We want our talent to feel valued. We want our clients to crush it. We believe everyone needs a champion, needs to feel seen, needs to feel heard, and needs to be believed in.
Jitjatjo’s mission is Human Betterment—the continued creation of opportunity for the world’s next-generation workforce.
In this role you will assist with weekly payroll by processing, compiling, and entering employee payroll data, as well as providing world class customer service to our Change Agent and Talent employees.
- Assist with weekly payroll preparation and submission
- Prepare and process weekly payroll entries including new hires, terminations, deductions, direct deposit and tax election changes
- Ability to analyze large data sets
- Assist with year-end operations such as W2’s and ACA Reporting
- Create and run scheduled and ad hoc reports as requested by various departments
- Assist in managing time off policies and accruals
- Maintain records for employee garnishments and family court income executions
- Serve as first point of contact to assist employees with payroll, time sheet and other payroll related questions
- Contact payroll vendor to troubleshoot issues and resolve questions
- Assist with payroll audits
- Maintain current knowledge of and compliance with applicable local, state, and federal wage laws and reporting requirements
- Complete unemployment and employment verification requests
- Maintain confidential records and files
Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multitask, attention to detail, flexibility, and follow-through skills.
- Ability to work with patience, empathy, and courtesy
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Positive-minded, a quick learning self-starter.
- Team player - Able to collaborate effectively with others and coordinate available resource
- Bachelors or equivalent (Preferred)
- Flexible scheduling, weekends required
- Minimum of 1-2 years of payroll processing experience, Paylocity preferred
- Advanced proficiency in Gsuite (Google Spreadsheets, Google Docs, Google Drive)
- Reside in the NY Tri-state area
Jitjatjo is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applications are confidential.